Ribs are always popular, and these need little work from the freezer. You can easily double or triple this recipe if you get the ribs on sale!
Sweet & Sour Spareribs Freezer Cooking Recipe
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carrot thinly sliced in strips
- 2/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juice and grated rind only
- Preheat oven to 425 F and roast spareribs in a roasting pan for 20 minutes. Remove ribs, carefully drain any fat, and place ribs back in roasting pan.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil then stir fry onion and carrot until soft. Add pineapple sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar, carefully stirring until sugar is fully dissolved. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While simmering, combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl, then add to mixture after the 20 minutes of simmering is complete. Then add lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, being sure to stir constantly as it thickens. Then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce fully thickens.
- Pour sauce over ribs, cover and bake in 350 F preheated oven for 40 minutes. Baste every 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cool. Freeze in casserole or freezer wrap.
On serving day
- Place ribs in roasting pan, removing any freezer wrap. Preheat oven to 400F and bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake for 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply