One of my favorites, Chinese food style!
Sweet & Sour Pork Freezer Recipe
- 2 lb cooked pork cut into strips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup frozen sour cherries or canned pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine
- Place pork strips into casserole. In a saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch and broth, stirring until smooth without any lumps. Add cloves and bay leaf. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring until thickened. Add sour cherries, lemon juice and butter/margarine then bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over pork in casserole, then bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool and freeze into serving size container(s).
On cooking day
- Defrost and reheat in saucepan. Serve over rice.
Leave a Reply