Tangy sauce with sweet onions make this pork chop dish a favorite.
Sweet Onion Pork Chops Freezer Recipe
- 8 boneless pork loin chops 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion such as Maui onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup honey
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown pork chops on both sides. You will need to do them in batches.
- Once all are browned, put all pork chops back into the skillet. In a small bowl combine sugar, onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce, dressing and honey, stirring well.
- Pour sauce over pork chops, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover skillet and simmer for 12-14 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and tender.
- Cool completely and place in freezer container. Split into two if desired, ensuring equal amount of sauce goes in each.
On serving day
- Thaw pork chops overnight in refrigerator
- Heat skillet and add pork chops and sauce. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until pork chops are thoroughly heated. Serve.
This recipe goes great with rice.