Inexpensive cut of chicken with healthy summer squash makes a great budget freezer meal option.
Summer Chicken Freezer Recipe
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 8 oz summer squash peeled seeded and diced
- 8 tomatoes skinned and quartered
- In the frypan, melt oil and butter and fry chicken legs for 15 minutes, turning once. Add the vegetables and seasoning. Cover and simmer on low for ten minutes.
- Cool. Place in freezer container and freeze in your preferred serving size.
On serving day
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Simmer in saucepan until heated through, then simmer on low for ten minutes. Serve.