Stuffed peppers can be used as a meal with a side dish, as a side dish, or as an easy snack or lunch menu item. Can easily double (or more!) this recipe if your family loves these. Great for either a meal or even a quick snack.
Stuffed Peppers Freezer Cooking Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 lb Canadian bacon chopped
- 3 large tomatoes blanched peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic glove crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 large green peppers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- In skillet melt butter and fry Canadian bacon until brown. In large mixing bowl, add bacon, tomatoes, garlic, marjoram, oregano, garlic, rice, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Wash and slice peppers in half, removing stem and seeds. Blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain.
- In small containers (or create your own with foil) place pepper halves. Stuff peppers with rice mixture. Top with grated cheese.
- Cool, package and freeze.
On serving day
- Bake in 425F preheated oven for one hour. Uncover peppers and bake for 20 minutes.