A spicy rice dish with a kick and as an added bonus it is vegetarian.
Southwest Rice Casserole Freezer Recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cups rice cooked according to instructions
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 4-oz cans diced green chilies drained well rinse to reduce spiciness
- In large skillet, saute onion until onion is cooked (5 minutes). Add remaining ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Cool to room temperature and freeze in large casserole or smaller portions.
On serving day
- Defrost and bake for 25-35 minutes in a 350F preheated oven
Leave a Reply