Crab is the seafood in this delightful casserole.
Seafood Pasta Casserole Freezer Recipe
- 8 oz uncooked spiral pasta such as rigatoni or fuselli
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 8 oz package imitation crabmeat chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsps salt
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spiral pasta noodles according to package directions. While pasta cooks, heat a small amount of butter in a skillet and saute onions, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic until onions are translucent and peppers are tender crisp.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Drain spiral pasta noodles, then add noodles to vegetable mixture. Then stir in the crab, sour cream, salt and basil.
- Divide evenly in two 8" square baking dishes (foil containers work well, too). Sprinkle cheese on each. Cover and freeze both.
On serving day
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you want to bake it. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated throughout.