A great spicy spin on traditional family favorite sloppy joes!
Salsa Joes Freezer Recipe
- 4 lbs hamburger
- 2 cups salsa mild medium or hot, dependent on your taste!
- 2 16 oz cans tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar packed
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer 20-30 mins.
- Cool and freeze in four portions (makes four "Salsa Joes" for each portion).
On serving day
- To use, defrost then add to large sauce pan. Heat over medium until warmed. Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
You can also find the freezer recipe for traditional sloppy joes too!
Leave a Reply