This favorite quiche dish is made up for your freezer.
Quiche Lorraine is a favorite for many, but so many don’t make it at home anymore because they mistakenly feel it is too labor intensive or complicated. Nothing is further from the truth!
You can make these with a minimum number of ingredients and keep them in your freezer – and they are especially handy to dazzle unexpected company with.
Quiche Lorraine Freezer Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz. bacon cut into small pieces or crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pint sour cream (5/8 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, make the pastry by sifting flour and salt into a bowl. Add butter and cut it into flour. Continue mixing until pastry is similar in texture to breadcrumbs. Slowly add water to form a dough. Roll out dough in 7 inch circle to fit pan shape, place in pan. On top of dough, place waxed paper, and dried beans on top of waxes paper and bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- For filling, fry onions with butter until soft. Add bacon and fry until brown. Add to pan on top of pastry. In bowl, combine egg, salt and pepper, cream, then pour into pastry. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, or until filling sets.
- Cool, place in ziploc and freeze.
- On cooking day, remove frozen from bag and reheat in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.