A tasty ham dish, with plenty of pineapple for the kids in your family.
Pineapple Ham Freezer Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and cubed ham
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks drained
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter then saute for five minutes ham, onions and pineapple.
- In bowl, combine juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard and cornstarch. Stir well and pour into skillet. Stir together well, waiting about five minutes for sauce to thicken. Cool and put into large freezer bag or container.
On serving day
- On cooking day, reheat in microwave or stovetop. Adjust sauce consistency with cornstarch or water.
I also freeze leftover ham for recipes like this that call for cooked ham.