A new spin on orange chicken for your freezer.
Orange Chicken with Tarragon Freezer Recipe
- 3 1/2 lb roasting chicken
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large oranges juice and grated rind
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 fresh tarragon sprigs chopped; OR 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 pint sour cream (5/8 cup)
- In a 350 degree oven, roast chicken for one hour. Reserve the juices, skim off the fat. Remove the chicken from the bones and place in a container.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice, blending well. Add orange rind, water, chicken juices and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer until the mixture has thickened. Stir in the tarragon and seasoning, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Cool, place in freezer container and freeze.
On serving day
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Place in saucepan and reheat through. Simmer for five minutes. Right before serving, stir in sour cream.
Leave a Reply