An unusual Mexican dish with pork chops
Mexi Corn Pork Chops Freezer Recipe
- 4 double-rib pork chops
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Cut pork chops from fat edge nearly to the bone edge, to create a pocket. Put a dash or two of salt in each pocket.
- In a small bowl combine corn, bread crumbs, onion, salt and thyme, mixing well.
- Divide into four and stuff pork chop pockets with mixture. Close with butcher string or toothpicks.
- Flash freeze on cookie sheet, then put in plastic ziploc bag or container and return to freezer.
On serving day
- On cooking day, cook from frozen. Place chops on preheated skillet, sprinkling top with sage.
- Heat pork chops for 40 minutes or until thawed and chops are browned on both sides.
- Add hot water, cover skillet and simmer on low for 40 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Check periodically and add water as needed. Remove butcher's string and/or toothpicks and serve!