A dish that will quickly become your family favorite!
Mandarin Orange Chicken Freezer Recipe
- 5 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushroom
- 4 tsp white flour
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 4 tsp. chicken bouillon powder or 4 bouillon cubes
On serving day
- 2 11 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
- hot cooked rice
- Cook mushrooms over medium high heat in a large skillet, stirring to prevent burning. Add flour, stirring well. Then gradually add water, frozen orange juice concentrate, onions and chicken bouillon powder or cubes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add chicken, simmering uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool and pour into freezer containers.
On cooking day
- On cooking day, thaw orange chicken mixture.
- Heat chicken in a saucepan until heated through and bubbly, then add mandarin oranges, continuing to heat mixture. Add to cooked rice and serve.