You can’t beat a Swiss steak recipe that is low fat and has gravy!
Low Fat Swiss Steak & Gravy Freezer Recipe
- 2 lbs round steak lean fat removed, cut into serving sized pieces (about 8)
- 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks sliced
- 3-4 carrots sliced thinly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on frypan and brown steak on both sides. Place in freezer dish but do not clean frying pan!
- In a small bowl add flour then slowly add water while constantly stirring, so no lumps form. Add to frying pan and bring to a boil, using a spoon or spatula to lift any browned its of leftover steak from the frypan to create a sauce. When sauce thickens slightly, add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour sauce over chicken, allow to cool, cover, label and freeze.
On serving day
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- If not already in a baking dish, pour into one. Cover baking dish. Bake in 350F oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until cooked through and tender. Serve. This is great over noodles.