A reduced fat version of this fun dish!
I like this one because it is a greatly reduced calorie version of this recipe, but it still has the fun pizza element to it which means your kids will eat every last bite.
You can also change it up by swapping the multi-grain or whole-wheat pasta with vegetable or spinach pasta noodles, or even going with a gluten free option such as a rice-based noodle.
Low Fat Pizza Pasta Casserole Freezer Recipe
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef OR ground chicken OR ground turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 28oz jars jars spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz. whole wheat or multigrain spiral pasta cooked and drained
- 4 c. shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz. sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet cook beef/chicken/turkey and onion until meat is thoroughly browned. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and noodles, stirring well.
- Divide mixture in half and put one half in each 9x13 pan. Top each with 2 cups cheese, then top with pepperoni.
- To bake one immediately, preheat oven at 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes or heated through. Serve.
- To freeze, cover and place in freezer.
On serving day
- To thaw and cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake 35-40 minutes, or until heated through. Serve!
Goes great with our recipe for Freezer Garlic Bread!
Leave a Reply