Great BBQ pork chops for the freezer your waistline will love.
Low Fat BBQ Pork Chops Freezer Recipe
- 8 boneless pork chops fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 cups white mushrooms sliced
- 2 large onions chopped
- In a frying pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides (you will need to do a few chops at a time).
- In a medium saucepan combine tomato paste, vinegar, salt, cloves, sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine well. Add mushrooms and onions, stirring to combine.
- In a freezer container, arrange pork chops on bottom then pour sauce over top. Cover, allow to cool, label and freeze.
On serving day
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours at 350F.
- You can also make two batches of 4 pork chops each in each container, and reduce the cooking time slightly.