This inexpensive dish is easy to double and WILL be a family favorite! These actually aren’t ribs, but your family will be fooled by their great taste! Yummy!
Low Fat BBQ Beef Short Ribs Freezer Recipe
- 2 lbs beef stew meat cut bite sized fat trimmed
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce sometimes called light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp reduced salt beef bouillon powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
- In a large bowl combine tomato paste, water, onion, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, mustard, bouillon powder and pepper, stirring well.
- Add beef and coat.
- Pour into freezer container, cover, label and freeze.
On serving day
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- If not already in a baking dish, pour into one. Cover baking dish.
- Bake in 325F oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until cooked through and tender. Serve.
- This is great over rice.