Using leftover herbs in the summer to make herb butter really dresses up bread in the winter months! Also makes wonderful gifts with fresh bread.
Lemon Cilantro Butter Freezer Recipe
- 1 c butter softened
- 4 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime peel
- With a small bowl, use an egg beater or an electric beater to combine ingredients until the butter is fluffy and the cilantro and lime are distributed evenly.
- On a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, place butter in pats on the cookie sheet in the size you would like to use (ie. small pats for single servings on a side plate or divide into larger portions for butter dish).
- Freeze, then remove butter from sheet and place into a ziploc or freezer container.
To use from freezer
- Simply thaw the lemon cilantro butter and spread.