Hawaiian fave for your freezer.
Hula Steak Freezer Recipe
This Hawaiian flavor steak is a nice change from the usual barbeque style steaks you so often see.
- 6-8 tbsp fresh ground ginger or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c brandy can substitute bourbon or dark apple juice
- 4 lbs round or sirloin steak 1" thick
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow dish or ziploc bag. Add steak. Allow steak to marinate for one hour, turning frequently. Freeze with marinade.
On cooking day
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Rub ground ginger on steak. Cook on barbeque for traditional hula steak. Serve with green pepper chunks and fresh pineapple.
Leave a Reply