Dijon fans will love this honeyed chicken version.
Honey Dijon Chicken Freezer Recipe
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 3 lbs
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- Mix garlic and thyme, and rub chicken with the seasoning mixture. Next, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in a small amount of cooking oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, pineapple juice and water, stirring until smooth. Then stir in mustard and honey to cornstarch mixture. Add the mixture skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and constantly stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Spray two 11"x7" casserole dishes with non-stick cooking spray. Place six chicken breasts in each and divide sauce evenly between both casseroles. Cover, cool and freeze.
On serving day
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking. Cover casserole and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until chicken and sauce is heated through.
- Serve over rice or pasta noodles.
Leave a Reply