Make this homemade salsa and freeze in serving sized portions!
Freezer Salsa Recipe
- 12 large tomatoes approx 4 lbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped hot peppers
- 6 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Remove core top of tomatoes, then cut X in bottom of skin. Blanche tomatoes by dropping in boiling water for one minute. Drain, peel skins and remove seeds/excess juice. Chop in large chunky pieces and place in colander, stirring rapidly to force out remaining juice. Blot with paper towel then place in large bowl.
- Heat oil over low heat in frypan, then saute peppers and garlic. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring every minute or two, until garlic is softened. Add onion, stir. Add tomatoes and stir. Add lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cool then freeze in serving sizes.
On serving day
- To serve, thaw, then drain excess juice if necessary, and serve!.