Make this pumpkin pie and freeze for later, or even Thanksgiving
Freezer Pumpkin Pie Freezer Cooking Recipe
Put your kids to work crumbling the graham crackers, although you may need a few extra to account for eaten crackers!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup margarine melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine in a small mixing bowl, then pour into a pie pan, pressing mixture into a "pie shell". Chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, ice cream, sugar, orange juice and spices. Pour into prepared pie pan. Freeze.
On serving day
- Remove from freezer, slice and serve!