These cookies can be frozen and then thawed in an instant!
Freezer Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 16oz can pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine sugar, shortening, eggs and pumpkin, then add remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by small spoonfuls 2" apart on baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool.
- Freeze in single layer for 2 hours, then place in freezer container or bag.
On serving day
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw (about 20-30 minutes)
Leave a Reply