Yummy freezer pickles recipe, a great way to have pickles but without having to do the entire canning process.
Freezer Pickles Recipe
- 7 cups cucumbers thinly sliced skins intact
- 1 c. green pepper chopped
- 1 c. onion chopped
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- In large bowl, combine cucumbers, green peppers and onions. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed, then pour over vegetable mixture.
- Place in refrigerator, stirring daily, for five days. Then place in freezer container and freeze.
- To serve, only allow to thaw slightly, these are best partly frozen!