Love guacamole? You can now buy avocados when they are on sale, make guacamole and freeze it for later.
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-2 small green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ascorbic acid mixture or 1500 mg ascorbic acid tablets usually found with canning supplies.
On serving day
- 1 medium tomato peeled and chopped
- Mash avocados then add remaining ingredients, stirring well until creamy. Transfer to freezer container and freeze for up to one month.
- On serving day, thaw at room temperature (about three hours) and stir in tomato right before serving.