Fabulous gnocchi now in a freezer cooking recipe!
Freezer Gnocchi Freezer Recipe
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tbsp butter / margarine
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter / margarine for topping before freezing
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In medium saucepan, heat milk until it starts to bubble. Slowly add cornmeal, stirring continuously to ensure it is completely mixed. Switch heat to medium-high, and stir constantly for about 8 minutes, or until very thick. This mixture will be thick enough to hold your wooden spoon upright!
- Remove saucepan from heat and add 1 tbsp butter, beaten eggs and salt. Beat until mixture is smooth. Spread into a greased 8x8 baking pan (at least 2" high sides) . Allow to cool in refrigerator for 2 hours, leaving uncovered.
- Once cooled, cut into 2" squares (16 pieces total). Place in larger freezer container (about 10x6 size), ensuring edges aren't touching. Top each piece with a small amount of butter and then top with Parmesan cheese. Seal and freeze.
On serving day
- Remove from freezer while oven is preheating to 425F. Bake uncovered 10-12 minutes. Then change the oven setting to broil, and broil gnocchi for 2 minutes, ensuring they are no further than 2-3" from the broiler. Serve.