Yes, even fried chicken can be done with once a month cooking!
Freezer Fried Chicken
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 boiler chickens cut up in pieces
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- Heat 1/4" oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine flour and salt and place in bag. Dip each chicken piece in the beaten egg mixture then coat with the flour and salt mixture. Brown the chicken a few pieces at a time, until all chicken has been browned.
- Reduce heat in skillet, and return all chicken pieces to the skillet, largest pieces on the bottom. Cover with lid for 15 minutes, turn chicken then cover with lid for another 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 5-15 minutes to crisp. If there is too much chicken for the lid to cover tightly, add a couple tablespoons of water to prevent burning.
- Allow to cool, then package in foil in two servings with half of chicken in each serving.
- On cooking day:
- One hour prior to baking remove chicken from freezer. Preheat oven to 375F. Open the foil wrapping and place package on oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Best if used within one month.
Leave a Reply