Homemade barbecue sauce without having to make it from scratch each time. This is a great recipe if you love homemade barbecue sauce but can’t use it all before it goes bad, so keep extras in the freezer.
Freezer Barbecue Sauce Freezer Recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine/butter
- 2 large yellow onions peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili sauce or A1 sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then saute onions until soft. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover, bring to a boil until it is reduced by 1/3. Allow to cool, strain to remove onion pieces, then freeze in 1-2 cup portions (or whatever portion size you find most convenient).
To use from freezer
- Either thaw in refrigerator or place sealed container in hot water. Then heat in saucepan or microwave, then use.