Who doesn’t love dill? Using leftover herbs in the summer to make herb butter really dresses up bread in the winter months! Also makes wonderful gifts with fresh bread or with a batch of homemade pickles!
Dill Butter Freezer Recipe
- 1 c butter softened
- 4 tbsp fresh dill
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- With a small bowl, use an egg beater or an electric beater to combine ingredients until the butter is fluffy and the dill distributed evenly.
- On a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, place butter in pats on the cookie sheet in the size you would like to use (ie. small pats for single servings on a side plate or divide into larger portions for butter dish).
- Freeze, then remove butter from sheet and place into a ziploc or freezer container.
To use from freezer
- To use: simply thaw and spread
Leave a Reply