Skip orange chicken and try lemon chicken instead
Creamy Lemon Chicken Freezer Recipe
- Oil enough to brown all the chicken
- 2 chickens cut up into pieces
- 3 tbsp dry sherry or apple juice
- 3 tbsp dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- grated peel from orange
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- On cooking day:
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat then brown chicken pieces in a single layer, about 8-10 minutes per side. Place all chicken into skillet, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and place into casserole dish (or into 2 or 3 casserole dishes, per size needed for your family). In skillet, add sherry, wine, orange peel, lemon juice and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then pour over chicken in casserole(s).
- Cool and freeze.
On serving day
- On cooking day, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle casserole with Swiss cheese, top with lemon slices and heat for 30-40 minutes (adjust time accordingly if you divided it into smaller casseroles). Use broiler at end of cooking time if you prefer cheese browned. Serve.