Chipotle Macaroni Casserole Freezer Recipe
- 1 package 7oz elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans 14-1/2 oz each diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 can 16 oz kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 can 4 oz chopped green chilies drained
- 1-1/2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan or pasta pot, cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, brown ground beef with onion and garlic in a skillet until ground beef is completely brown. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, chilies, salt, chili powder, cumin and pepper to skillet, stirring well. Bring to a boil, then simmer (uncovered) for ten minutes.
- When macaroni finishes cooking, drain and then add macaroni noodles to skillet.
- Lightly spray two 2-quart size casserole dishes with non-stick cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly into both dishes, then top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover lightly with tin foil. Bake at 375F for half an hour. Remove tin foil from the top, then bake for another 10 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese begins to brown.
- Allow to cool completely, cover and freeze.
On serving day
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator (or remove first thing in the morning).
- Put tin foil on top (if not already on) and bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until casserole is heated throughout. Serve.