Kids love Chinese food, here is how to make a fabulous Chinese-style dish for your freezer – BBQ pork done in superb Chinese cooking flair.
Chinese-Style Barbeque Pork Freezer Recipe
- 2 lbs pork butt cut in 8" thick strips
- 1 cup of honey mixed with water
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 5 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ lb of sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cooking wine
- To marinate the pork: Put pork strips in container with all ingredients except honey and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Broil pork in 450 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn and broil for 20 more minutes, or until surface is slightly crisp.
- Remove and brush honey evenly on pork, and broil for 10 more minutes. Transfer to freezer safe container, or flash freeze and put in ziploc bag.
On serving day
- Reheat in oven until hot.