Chicken Quesadillas Freezer Recipe
These freeze well for quick snacks or even for appys for unexpected guests. These also make a great afterschool snack for kids, and you can add extra veggies such as corn to make them healthier, or swap out to different tortillas, such as whole wheat or spinach.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 15- oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese grated
- In large skillet, cook chicken with garlic powder and pepper until thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside. Next, simmer tomatoes, green peppers, onion and garlic, continuing to simmer until liquid is evaporated. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using a small amount of olive oil, fry each side of tortillas in skillet, then place on a cookie sheet. Top four tortillas with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 of the chicken mixture, 1/4 of the tomato mixture, topping with 1/4 cup of cheese and second tortilla. Press gently and place in Ziploc freezer bag or wrap for the freezer.
On Cooking Day
- Preheat oven to 375F. Do not thaw! Simply place the quesadillas on the cookie sheet straight from the freezer, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Cut into wedges (pizza cutter works best) and serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
This recipe is great because you can mix it up a bit. You can swap out flour tortillas to make them healthier by using whole wheat or even spinach ones instead. You can also add extra veggies, such as corn or add some beans for protein. Don't forget to also make our freezer salsa and freezer guacamole!
Leave a Reply