A nice chicken version of enchiladas for your freezer. A change from the usual beef version everyone is familiar with.
Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Recipe
- 1 1/4 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cans/jars mild enchilada sauce use medium or hot for spicier enchiladas
- 1 pkg 6-8" tortillas you will need approx 10-12 depending on size
- In skillet with small amount of cooking oil over medium heat, cook ground chicken and onion until chicken is cooked through. Drain grease (if any). Transfer to bowl and add sour cream, corn and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Using a 9x13 baking dish lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, coat bottom with 1/3 cup of mild enchilada sauce. In each tortilla, spoon 2 tbsp of chicken mixture and 1 tbsp of cheese and roll rortilla up, then placing in baking dish seam-side down so they don't unroll. Once done, pour leftover enchilada sauce over top, making sure it is spread well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Allow to cool (if not already) then wrap and freeze.
On serving day
- Remove chicken enchiladas and defrost.
- Cover with tin foil, then bake for 20-30 minutes (or until fully cooked) in a preheated 350F oven. Remove foil and return to oven until cheese on top is melted.
Leave a Reply