Pork chops with a great cherry sauce, a favorite for those who like things both tart and sweet.
Cherry Pork Chops Freezer Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1 can pitted cherries drained but save juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Brown pork chops with a small amount of salt and/or pepper (to taste), about six minutes each side. Carefully pour apple juice and broth into skillet, stir well. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cherry juice and cornstarch. Add to skillet, stir. Add cherries and rosemary, bring up the heat slightly and cook until sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cool then freeze in freezer container.
On serving day
- Defrost overnight in refrigerator.
- Empty container into a skillet and cook on low heat until the pork chops and sauce are thoroughly heated.