These can be stored in the freezer for easy breakfasts.
Bran Apple Muffins Freezer Cooking Recipe
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1 cup untoasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz frozen apple juice concentrate thawed
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- muffin tins either with paper lined cups or greased
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, wheat germ, flour, milk, baking powder, raisins and walnuts. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, apple juice concentrate and oil, beating well. Then add this mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Allow to stand 5-10 minutes so dry goods can absorb wet.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling to rim. Bake for 30 minutes or until a dark golden brown. Cool and freeze, then transfer to large freezer bag.
On serving day
- To serve, allow to thaw before serving.