Save money by making BBQ chicken wings ahead of time and then you have them ready to go when you need a quick appy or snack. Save money by making them yourself and these taste so much better than the frozen chicken wings you buy at the grocery store.
BBQ Barbeque Chicken Wings Freezer Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder OR 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or ziploc. Add chicken wings and marinate in fridge for a few hours, (one hour minimum) turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove chicken from marinate, saving marinate for basting. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spread chicken on sheet so none are overlapping. Bake in oven for half an hour, turn chicken then bake another half hour. Baste with leftover marinade every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and freeze. I prefer to flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, then put them in a ziploc after they are frozen, that way you can cook as many wings at a time as you'd like.
On serving day
- Remove from freezer and place on cookie sheet. Heat in preheated 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until hot.