Basic Spaghetti Sauce Freezer Cooking Recipe
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage mild or hot
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 28 ounce cans Italian-style tomatoes or plain crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic 4 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In pot, brown ground beef and sausage with onions until completely brown. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, loosely cover and simmer for two hours, making sure to stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely, then package in Ziplocs or plastic containers in serving sizes.
On serving day
- Thaw in refrigerator or defrost in microwave, then heat in pan.