A great version of baked beans for the freezer, without having to do the laborious cooking on the day you want to serve.
Baked Beans Freezer Recipe
A great healthier alternative to just simply buying a can of baked beans instead.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 16-oz cans red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 19-oz cans small white beans drained and rinsed
- In large skillet, saute onion and green pepper together until onion is cooked (5 minutes). Add remaining ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Cool to room temperature and freeze in large casserole or smaller portions.
On serving day
- Defrost and reheat in saucepan over low heat.