Sandwiches generally freeze for 1-3 weeks. Here are some tips to ensure freezer-burn-free sandwiches that taste great even after being frozen!
- Spread butter or margarine right to the edges of the breat
- Do not use fresh veggies
- Do not use mayonnaise
- Cheese will freeze fine for sandwiches
- Wrap individually
- Place in lunchbox directly from freezer, they will defrost in about 3 hours.
- You can pack fresh small packs of mayo or additions like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers each morning, if you want to add to your sandwich
- Additional tips on freezing packages of deli meats
And some sandwich recipes for the freezer!