Ultimate Homemade Freezer Pizza Sauce Extravaganza!
Calling all pizza enthusiasts! Are you ready to elevate your pizza nights with a homemade sauce that’ll knock your socks off? Say goodbye to the bland, store-bought jars and hello to a rich, flavorful sauce that you can whip up and freeze for whenever the pizza mood strikes. Perfect for impromptu gatherings, cozy family dinners, or just because you’re a pizza aficionado, this freezer pizza sauce recipe is your new best friend in the kitchen. Let’s dive into the saucy goodness and make every slice count!
Kitchen Prep: Your Saucy Sidekick Awaits
- Ingredients: Gather crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and a blend of herbs and spices to create the perfect base.
- Saucepan: For simmering your sauce to perfection.
- Freezer Containers or Bags: To store your sauce in ready-to-use portions.
- Labels: To mark your sauce with the date, so you always know how fresh your stash is.
Crafting Your Masterpiece: A Flavor Journey
1. Sauce Symphony
Start by blending your crushed tomatoes and tomato paste in a large saucepan. This duo creates the ideal texture for your pizza base – smooth with just the right thickness.
2. The Herb Harmony
Add basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of pepper to your tomato mixture. These spices are the heart and soul of your sauce, infusing it with those classic Italian flavors we all adore.
3. Simmer and Stir
Bring your sauce to a bubbling boil, then let it simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and to ensure even cooking. This step allows the flavors to meld beautifully.
4. Cool and Contain
Once your sauce has thickened and the flavors are singing in harmony, take it off the heat and let it cool. Then, pour the sauce into your pre-labeled freezer containers or bags. This recipe makes enough for three large pizzas or eight small ones, so portion accordingly!
Pizza Night: Ready, Set, Bake!
When the pizza craving hits, simply retrieve a portion of your homemade sauce from the freezer. Thaw it, spread it generously over your favorite crust, sprinkle with toppings galore, and bake as directed. The result? A pizza that’s leagues above the rest, with a sauce so good, it might just steal the show.
The Sauce That Loves You Back
There’s something truly special about homemade pizza, and it all starts with the sauce. By preparing this freezer-friendly pizza sauce, you’re not just making a meal; you’re creating memories, igniting taste buds, and maybe even starting a new family tradition. So gather your ingredients, don your chef’s hat, and get ready to make pizza night something everyone will look forward to. Happy saucing, happy freezing, and most importantly, happy eating!
Freezer Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and freeze in freezer containers or bags in serving portion sizes. This recipe has enough sauce for three large pizzas or eight small pizzas.
On serving day
- Simply thaw the pizza sauce, and spread on the pizza crust. Top with preferred pizza toppings, and bake according to the pizza crust instructions.