Warm and Cozy Crock Pot Rice Pudding: A Dessert to Remember
Welcome to the sweet side of slow cooking, where dessert dreams come true with minimal effort and maximum flavor! If the thought of creamy, comforting rice pudding brings a smile to your face, you’re in for a treat. Our Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe is a delightful journey into the world of easy, fuss-free desserts that warm the soul and tickle the taste buds. Perfect for busy bees, dessert aficionados, or anyone with a sweet tooth, this recipe promises to make your dessert experience both effortless and enchanting. So, let’s dive into the creamy goodness of rice pudding and discover how your crock pot can transform simple ingredients into a dessert masterpiece.
Why You’ll Swoon Over This Crock Pot Rice Pudding
Imagine diving into a bowl of perfectly sweet, richly flavored rice pudding, its creamy texture and warm spices comforting you from the inside out. Here’s why this recipe will capture your heart:
- Utter Convenience: Forget about constant stirring and precise temperature control. Your crock pot handles all the nuances, leaving you free to enjoy your day.
- Customizable Delight: Whether you love your rice pudding classic or jazzed up with your favorite mix-ins, this recipe is wonderfully adaptable to suit your preferences.
- A Crowd-Pleaser: This rice pudding is sure to become a hit among family and friends, perfect for potlucks, cozy family dinners, or as a sweet treat to brighten any day.
Crafting Your Creamy Creation: A Step-by-Step Guide
Gather Your Ingredients
- The Base: 4 cups of cooked rice, ready to become the star of your dessert.
- The Creaminess: 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk and 1 cup of milk, blending together for that irresistible creaminess.
- The Sweetness: 1/3 cup of sugar to sweeten the deal, along with a splash of water for the perfect consistency.
- The Flavor Boosters: 1 cup of raisins, 3 tbsp of butter or margarine (softened), 1 tbsp of vanilla, and 1 tsp of cinnamon, all coming together to add depth and warmth to your pudding.
The Path to Pudding Perfection
Prepping Your Crock Pot
- Spray Away: Begin by spraying your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. This simple step ensures your pudding comes out smoothly and makes cleanup a breeze.
Mixing Your Masterpiece
- Combine and Stir: In a large bowl, mix together the cooked rice, both types of milk, sugar, and water until well combined. Then, fold in the raisins, softened butter or margarine, vanilla, and cinnamon, stirring until everything is evenly distributed.
- Into the Crock Pot: Pour your well-mixed pudding mixture into the crock pot, covering it with the lid to trap in all the flavors and moisture.
The Slow Cooker Magic
- Cooking Time: Set your crock pot to cook on low for 2-3 hours. This slow and gentle cooking process allows the flavors to meld beautifully, resulting in a pudding that’s creamy, rich, and utterly delicious.
- Stirring to Perfection: Once cooked, give your rice pudding a good stir to ensure that creamy texture we all love.
Serving Suggestions and Extra Tips
- Serving It Up: Serve your rice pudding warm for a cozy treat, or chill it in the fridge for a refreshing dessert option. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a dollop of whipped cream, or fresh berries for an extra special touch.
- Making It Your Own: Feel free to experiment with add-ins like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or a swirl of chocolate or caramel sauce to customize your pudding to your liking.
- Leftover Love: Store any leftover rice pudding in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s just as delicious cold and makes for a delightful snack or breakfast option.
Your New Favorite Dessert
This Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe is more than just a dessert; it’s a testament to the joy of cooking and the pleasures of enjoying simple, comforting treats made with love. Whether you’re looking to impress guests, treat your family, or simply indulge in a bit of self-care with a sweet treat, this rice pudding is sure to satisfy. So, grab your crock pot, gather your ingredients, and get ready to enjoy the creamy, dreamy deliciousness of homemade rice pudding. Here’s to many sweet moments and the wonderful desserts that bring us together!
Crock Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- slow cooker
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix rice, both milks, sugar and water, combining well. Then add remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined. Pour mixture into slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir well then serve.