A great accompaniment for baked potatoes, you can freeze it. Chive Butter is excellent for keeping in the freezer for nights you are serving baked potatoes.
Chive Butter for Baked Potatoes
- 1 c butter softened
- 4 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime peel
- With a small bowl, use an egg beater or an electric beater to combine ingredients until the butter is fluffy and the chives distributed evenly.
- On a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, place butter in pats on the cookie sheet in the size you would like to use (ie. small pats for single servings on a side plate or divide into larger portions for butter dish).
- Freeze, then remove butter from sheet and place into a ziploc or freezer container.
To use from freezer
- To use: simply thaw and serve on hot baked potatoes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!