Are you ready to fill your kitchen with the warm, inviting aromas of a classic favorite?
I’m absolutely delighted to share with you a heartwarming recipe for homemade chicken noodle casserole. This isn’t just any casserole; it’s a special dish that you can lovingly prepare and tuck away in your freezer, ready to bring coziness and deliciousness to your table whenever the craving for comfort food strikes.
Imagine having this delightful, ready-to-bake treasure waiting for you, perfect for those evenings when you want a taste of home without the effort of starting from scratch. So, let’s get started on this journey of creating a freezer-friendly, hug-in-a-dish that’s sure to become a cherished part of your recipe collection!
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup cooking wine or apple juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 boneless & skinless chicken breasts
On serving day
- 1 pkg egg noodles
- In a casserole dish, combine all ingredients except noodles and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Allow to cool and freeze in portions suitable for your family size (remember the noodles cooked on serving day will be a significant portion of the dish).
On serving day
- On cooking day, defrost chicken and either reheat in an oven or pour into a skillet for reheating. Cook one package of egg noodles according to package instructions while reheating chicken. Drain noodles and stir into heated chicken mixture. Serve.