Apple Pork Tenderloin Roast: A Crock Pot Delicacy
Welcome to a heartwarming recipe that brings a nostalgic and delicious pairing back to the table – Apple Pork Tenderloin Roast, a dish that harks back to the comforting flavors of “pork chops and applesauce” with a modern twist. This recipe is not just a treat to your taste buds but also a journey back in time, reminding us of the classic combinations that never fail to delight.
Perfect for family dinners, special occasions, or simply to brighten a weekday meal, this tenderloin roast is easy to prepare in your crock pot, leaving you with tender meat that falls apart at the touch of a fork, enveloped in a rich, apple-infused sauce. Let’s dive into this culinary adventure that is sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Classic Flavor Pairing: The timeless duo of pork and apples comes alive in this dish, offering a sweet and savory taste that’s both comforting and sophisticated.
- Effortless Preparation: Utilizing the crock pot means minimal hands-on time, making this dish perfect for busy days.
- Versatile Serving Options: Whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a festive gathering, this pork tenderloin roast fits any occasion.
Gather Your Ingredients
- 2 lbs Boneless Pork Tenderloin: The centerpiece of your dish.
- Apple Cider/Juice: For that sweet, apple-infused flavor.
- Fresh Rosemary & Dried Cherries: Adding depth and a hint of sweetness to your sauce.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the sauce for that perfect gravy consistency.
- A Slow Cooker: For that slow-cooked tenderness.
- A Frypan: To brown your tenderloin, locking in flavors.
- A Saucepan: For finishing your sauce to perfection.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Deliciousness
Prep & Brown:
- Season: Begin by seasoning your tenderloin with salt and pepper, then give it a quick sear in a frypan to lock in those flavors.
- Layer: In your crock pot, pour half of the apple cider/juice and lay a sprig of rosemary, followed by the tenderloin, the remaining rosemary, and finally, cover with dried cherries.
Slow Cook to Perfection:
- Cook: Set your crock pot on low and let the magic happen for 5-6 hours, filling your home with the mouthwatering aroma of cooking pork and apples.
- Rest: Once cooked, carefully remove the tenderloin, wrap it in foil to keep it warm, and prepare to make your sauce.
Create the Perfect Sauce:
- Thicken: Transfer the cooking liquids to a saucepan, strain out the cherries and rosemary, and thicken with a cornstarch slurry to create a rich, glossy sauce that’s bursting with flavor.
- Serve: Slice your tenderloin, arrange it beautifully on a platter, and generously drizzle with your homemade apple-infused sauce.
A Meal to Remember
There you have it, a simple yet stunning Apple Pork Tenderloin Roast that’s sure to impress. This recipe not only pays homage to a classic pairing but does so in a way that’s accessible and enjoyable for the modern cook. Whether you’re looking to wow your guests or simply want to treat your family to something special, this pork tenderloin roast promises satisfaction and smiles all around. Here’s to delicious meals that bring us together and recipes that keep traditions alive!
- slow cooker
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin about 2 lbs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup dried cherries pits removed
- 5 tsp cornstarch
- Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally on tenderloin and brown in frypan with cooking spray, frying for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Add half apple cider/juice to crock pot, then add one sprig rosemary. Place tenderloin in slow cooker, then remaining rosemary. Cover with cherries.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, wrapping in foil to keep warm.
- Pour sauce into saucepan, removing cherries and rosemary (use a strainer). Add ¾ cup cider/juice and bring to boil. In a small bowl, combine last ¼ cup cider/juice with cornstarch and slowly add to saucepan. Boil for 1-2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve sauce over pork.